BOLI enforcement of the Portland Protected Sick Leave Ordinance begins July 31, 2014. Is your business ready to comply?
This training session will walk you through the salient points of the Portland Protected Sick Leave Ordinance, and provide best practices for compliance and administration, employee communication, updates to company policies, and timekeeping and payroll practices.
– Summary of the Portland Protected Sick Time Ordinance
– Who Needs to Comply
– Qualifying Events and Verification
– Recommendations to Employers and Best Practices
– Navigating implementation including preparation for BOLI enforcement, transitioning from vacation/sick time to PTO, – and payroll system changes
– Employee Communication and Notice Requirements
1 HRCI Recertification Credit