Senate Bill 1532, passed in 2016, set in motion a plan to increase the minimum wage annually. Increases began July 01, 2016, and will continue through July 01, 2022. These increases differ by region.
The next increase goes into effect on July 01, 2020, increasing the standard minimum wage to $12.00, $13.25 for Portland Metro, and $11.50 for nonurban counties.
Employers should start preparing for this increase now.
- Determine employees who will be impacted by the minimum wage increase
- Notify Employees of the effective date and increase
- Set up payroll to accommodate changes and/or notify your payroll provider
- Consider the impact on your internal equity and make necessary adjustments to avoid pay compression
- Send out and replace required Oregon minimum wage poster
More information >>