The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has released a poster outlining 10 steps to help reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace. The steps outlined are:
- Encourage workers to stay home if sick.
- Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Provide a place to wash hands or alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Limit worksite access to only essential workers, if possible.
- Establish flexible worksites and flexible work hours, if feasible.
- Discourage workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, or other work tools and equipment.
- Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment.
- Use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved cleaning chemicals with label claims against the coronavirus.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use of all cleaning and disinfection products.
- Encourage workers to report any safety and health concerns.
It is recommended to have this poster available for managers and supervisors to review and/or distribute electronically. Download your poster from the links below today.
Request a COVID-19 workforce strategy consultation
Fill out the form below to get immediate assistance with workforce strategies resulting from COVID-19. Our HR compliance professionals are equipped and standing by to help.