Live Webinar: Paid Leave Oregon: Expert panelist discussion and Q&A
November 30, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm| Free
Live Q&A Webinar: Paid Leave Oregon: Expert panelist discussion and Q&A
Questions about Paid Leave Oregon?
Get your Paid Leave Oregon questions answered in our free live Q&A webinar with panelists from Paid Leave Oregon, an employment law firm, public sector and private sector HR.
Oregon employers are now faced with managing the intricacies of Paid Leave Oregon (PLO), alongside other applicable leave laws. The introduction of this new law has left employers with numerous questions and uncertainty about how to remain compliant.
In this insightful webinar, participants will gain valuable insights into the multifaceted aspects of PLO, its impact on employees and employers, and the legislative changes driving PLO.
The discussion will be led by a panel of experts from Paid Leave Oregon and the law firm Jordon Ramis, along with HR specialists from the public and private sectors, including adidas, the City of Beaverton, and Trüpp. The panelists will share their insights and perspectives on the evolving landscape of paid leave. We will also have an interactive Q&A session where the audience can participate and contribute to the conversation.
By the end of this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of PLO, the legislative changes driving its development, and how to administer leave in Oregon compliantly.
After completing this course, the learner will:
- Gain an understanding of the current state of Paid Leave Oregon.
- Explore the legal framework, including recent legislative developments and initiatives.
- Recognize the relationship between Paid Leave Oregon, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and the Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA).
- Discuss potential challenges and concerns related to implementing PLO and related policies.
- Dive into the practical challenges that employers face when managing paid leave, such as workforce scheduling and coverage.
- Hear real-world experiences and success stories from Oregon-based organizations.
- Emily Sokolski, Outreach Program Analyst at Paid Leave Oregon
- Peter Hicks, Executive Committee Member & Shareholder at Jordan Ramis
- Patricia Anderson Wieck, HR Director at the City of Beaverton
- Heidi Mahoney, Director, North America Rewards at adidas
- Calvin Gower, President & Founder at Stiira
- Audra Hedberg, PHR, PHRca, SHRM-SCP, Vice President of Services at Trüpp
- Derek Tracy, MBA, MS, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Associate VP of HR Consulting Services at Trüpp
HRCI: 1 Credit – The use of this official seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
SHRM: 1 Credit – Trupp HR is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.