Reducing the financial impact of the new FLSA overtime rules – January 08
At first glance, employers may perceive that the new FLSA changes require a fairly simplistic set of decisions and responses. However, there are some opportunities to avoid unnecessary risk and expense, while potentially creating an upside for the employer. This session will review strategies for reducing the financial impact of the new overtime rule and explore approaches for turning perceived regulatory lemons into lemonade for the employer.
- Understand FLSA requirements and upcoming overtime rule changes
- Discover if utilizing incentive pay toward annual salary requirements is good for your business
- Understand how to determine the best FLSA status for misclassified jobs
- Explore the potential ripple effect of compensation changes imposed by the overtime rule change
- Identify opportunities to avoid unnecessary salary expenditures
- Discover areas where this rule change can be used to the company’s advantage
HRCI: 1 Credit
SHRM: 1 Credit – Trupp HR is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credit (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
Jean Roque, President & Founder
As the Founder and President of Trüpp, Jean has a passion for contributing to, and furthering the success of growing organizations. Her straightforward yet strategic approach focuses on delivering HR services that are tailored to the unique needs, risks, and business objectives of each organization while removing the complexity often associated with the HR function.
Contact: [email protected] | 503.828.0255 x101
Audra Hedberg, HR Compliance Consultant
In her role at Trüpp, Audra contributes as an HR Compliance Consultant—focusing her efforts on advising clients on regulatory compliance matters, authoring employment policies and handbooks, and contributing to client consulting activities. She has a passion for compliance and enjoys providing guidance under various federal and multi-state employment laws in a relaxed style which is easy to understand.
Contact: [email protected] | 503.828.0255 x112