Eliminating Discrimination & Harassment in the Workplace
This course addresses the concepts of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in the workplace. The content is focused on contributing to a respectful workplace, self-awareness, what to do if you’re a victim or witness of discrimination or harassment, and how to respond if you engage in or are accused of such behavior.
Course Learning Objectives
- Understand the history and laws that protect employees from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. (US versions only)
- Identify and define harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
- Proactively contribute to fostering a respectful workplace.
- Apply knowledge to empower oneself as a target or bystander when observing inappropriate behavior.
- Identify and correct behavior when behaving offensively.
- Understand reporting pathways and the importance of reporting inappropriate behavior.
- Understand the company’s role in fostering a respectful workplace.
- Historical Context & Related Laws (US versions only)
- Key Terms & Protected Classes
- Harassment & Sexual Harassment (US and Global versions only)
- How Workplace Harassment Occurs (Canadian version only)
- Respectful Workplace Expectations (Global and Canadian versions only)
- Beyond the Law (US versions only)
- Perspective of the Target
- Perspective of the Bystander
- Perspective of the Offender
- Reporting & Potential Consequences
- What to Expect from Your Employer
Unique versions are available for individual states that have distinct training requirements. These courses contain the content outlined above with additional material and reporting information as specified by the regulations for that location.
Course Introduction Video | Starting at $295
Showcase your company’s commitment to a respectful workplace with content (text, audio, images, video) from your leadership, highlighting the value you place on fostering a culture of respect or we can create a custom intro for you!
Custom Certificates of Completion | $125
Tailor the certificate of completion to reflect your company’s brand and culture. Include pictures, logo, and custom text.
Company Policies and Reporting Systems | Starting at $295
Communicate your company’s specific policies, including where employees can go to learn more or how to report a concern. Information can be presented within the course content, as links from course, or as course attachments.