This course addresses the concepts of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in the workplace. The content focuses on contributing to a respectful workplace, self-awareness, what to do if you’re a target or witness of discrimination or harassment, and how to respond if you engage in or are accused of such behavior.
There are unique versions of this course designed to meet specific state or city requirements.
Duration: 60 minutes | may vary by user
Recommended Audience: Supervisors and managers
Language: English and Spanish
$24.95 per learner | volume discounts available
Course learning objectives
- Understand the history and laws that protect employees from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Identify and define harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
- Proactively contribute to fostering a respectful workplace.
- Apply knowledge to empower oneself as a target or bystander when observing inappropriate behavior.
- Identify and correct behavior when behaving offensively.
- Understand reporting pathways and the importance of reporting inappropriate behavior.
- Understand the company’s role in fostering a respectful workplace.
- Historical Context & Related Laws
- Key Terms & Protected Classes
- Harassment & Sexual Harassment
- Beyond the Law
- Perspective of the Target
- Perspective of the Bystander
- Perspective of the Offender
- Reporting & Potential Consequences
- What to Expect from Your Employer
Unique versions are available for individual states that have distinct training requirements. These courses contain the content outlined above with additional material and reporting information as specified by the regulations for that location.